Here's what travelers might want to know about these islands:
- One-hundred forty islands make up this little archipelago, but only five are inhabited. The total population being 2,000.
- St. Mary's is the largest island and the most popular with tourists.
- The islands enjoy a balmy subtropical climate thanks to the Gulf Stream that passes by.
- You'll find the most glorious beaches in England here.
- Bird-watching, boating, beach-going, hiking, snorkeling, and golfing are all popular activities.
- Jude Law has described the Islands as "the best place on earth."